• Payment through the PayPal payment method of this service is done at your own risk. You will take responsibility for checking the authenticity of the PayPal website upon being redirected for payment, in particular, but not limited to, checking the accuracy of all information regarding ticket prices and types before placing an order.
• Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, resell, mislead or misrepresent our services and resources is strictly prohibited.
• Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our services and resources by any means other than the means we provide is strictly prohibited.
• Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our bookings service, including the server, or the network from which we operate, connect or store files and data, is strictly prohibited.
• You agree to receive email notifications and contact relating to ‘Celebrate’ and your booking and on occasion third party resources we regard as relevant.
Limitation of Warranties By using our bookings service, you understand and agree that all services and resources we provide are "as is" and "as available" This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that: - The use of our services and resources will meet your needs or requirements. - The use of our services and resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors. - The information contained and obtained by using our services and resources will be accurate or reliable. - Any defects in the operation or functionality of any of the services and resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Any content downloaded, obtained in emails or otherwise obtained through the use of our services and resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for loss of data that may result from this activity.
• No information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from our services and resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee or conditions of any kind. In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of any products or services. ConferenceBookings.org will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our services and resources or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
Furthermore: • Bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis.
• Stated availability of conference places is for reference purposes only, and is updated via a third party service normally upon page refresh, and cannot be guaranteed. Submissions that come when places are full will be added to the waiting list.
• Refunds may be offered in the event of inability to attend. While every effort is made to make this booking process smooth, we take no responsibility for errors or loss of data or finance.
• Submitted data is stored online for the Celebrate Weekend organisational purposes. If you would like to submit the data in writing, please use the Booking Form download, which is found under Payment Methods.
Contact Information - If you have any questions or comments regarding our terms of service, please contact [email protected]
We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your weekend booking and to provide the services you have requested from us.
Children : Any data submitted by the user regarding children under 16 years old is submitted only after parental consent to data processing, handling and storage through Conference Bookings website and by Google Drive, as described below, has been acquired. Celebrate will only use this data for administering and managing a Celebrate Weekend, and the data will not be sold to any third parties. Parents may request any information held about their children to be removed from our system by emailing ConferenceBookings.org. This bookings service is not targeted at and should not be used by children.
COPPA : Celebrate Weekends is exempt from COPPA. COPPA only applies to personal information collected online from children, including personal information about themselves, their parents, friends, or other persons. However, the Commission’s 1999 Statement of Basis and Purpose notes that the Commission expects that operators will keep confidential any information obtained from parents in the course of obtaining parental consent or providing for parental access pursuant to COPPA. See 64 Fed. Reg. 59888, 59902 n.213. COPPA expressly states that the law applies to commercial websites and online services and not to non-profit entities that otherwise would be exempt from coverage under Section 5 of the FTC Act. In general, because many types of non-profit entities are not subject to Section 5 of the FTC Act, these entities are not subject to the Rule.
Collection of Data: Data is collected for the purpose of administering your weekend booking and providing the services you have requested from us, including internal record keeping, allocating streams, discerning access requirements to venues, dietary, medical and other practical requirements in hosting a weekend. To improve our service, data may also be used to email promotional material that may be of interest.
Among the types of personal data that this bookings service collects, by itself or through third parties, are usage data and data submitted directly by the user. Personal data may be freely provided by the user, or collected automatically (such as: IP Address, web browser type & version, operating system). In general we may collect the following data: Person Booking Adult 22 +: Title, Christian Name, Family Name, Gender, Contact information such as email, phone number, address, (and mobile number if responsible for a child) Additional Adult 22 +: Title, Christian Name, Family Name, Gender Youth 16-21: Title, Christian Name, Family Name, Gender, Age, Date of Birth, Academic Year Under 16: Christian Name, Family Name, Gender, Age, Date of Birth, Academic Year, Photo Consent All: Medical Needs, Dietary Needs, Access Needs, Other educational / behavioural needs
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act UK 1998 UK ‘Celebrate’ is exempt from having a ‘Data Controller’ as a not-for-profit organisation.
Conference Booking data may be accessed by team members from the Celebrate Weekend, ‘Celebrate’ Core Team, and in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by Celebrate. The updated list of these parties may be requested by emailing [email protected] at any time.
The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. The Celebrate Weekend team shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorised destruction of the data. All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
For password protected parts of the site users are responsible for keeping passwords confidential. The information supplied by the user is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Servers are also tested for viruses and malware.
We endeavour to do what we can to protect your personal data; however, sending personal information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to and from this bookings service.
Third Party: Celebrate may engage the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the bookings service. The providers of these services have access to certain personal data. Data used by third parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the service required to make the booking service function effectively. Any other use is prohibited.
Processing of Personal Data: Personal data is collected using Google Drive (Google Inc.) This service allows this bookings service to add data and perform actions with it. These services are not activated automatically, but require explicit authorisation by the user accepting submitted data.
Place of processing: US Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of this bookings service, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Traffic Optimisation and Distribution (provided by CloudFlare) This service allows ConferenceBookings.org to distribute content using servers located across different countries and to optimise their performance. Its function is to filter communications between the bookings service and the user's browser, while also allowing analytical data from this application to be collected.
Finance - PCI: All credit and debit card transactions are processed through PayPal and card details are not sorted or processed on our servers, therefore making the bookings service exempt from PCI; however the service still uses secure technology and is scanned for virus and malware.
Functionality of the bookings service: To use the service to book places on the Celebrate Weekend, users need to submit data. If preferred, information can be submitted by post after downloading a Booking Form, and this data will then be added to the same systems used by this service. Transfers outside the European Economic Area Data which are collected may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside of the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. Users agree to such transfers of data.
Personal Data collected: Opt Out Contact form and Form Submissions By filling in the contact form and form submissions with their data, the user authorises the booking service to use these details to reply to requests for information or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header and fields.
Accessing Data: Users have the right to ask for a copy of any of the personal data held by ‘Celebrate’.
Controlling Data: Data will be deleted when no longer required for the purposes for which it was sent or upon request to delete the data. To request removal please email: [email protected]